Some of the best gaming laptops are no longer out of reach for gamers on a tight budget. For the longest time, gaming computers were quite an investment, especially for gamers who wanted a computer with the most high-quality parts.
However, many manufacturers have started making gaming laptops that are inexpensive but also quite powerful. These laptops are real beauties.
If you are in the market for a new powerful laptop that you can use to play all your favorite games, you have come to the right place. We will list the top 5 best gaming laptops under 1500 dollars. You can use these anywhere and at any time to play even the most demanding games.
So, let’s get right into the review and see why these five laptops earned a spot on today’s list!
5 Best Gaming Laptops Under 1500 Dollars: Reviews
After thorough research and testing, we have decided on our top 5 best, most powerful gaming laptops at the moment. You are about to read reviews on top tech manufacturers like Lenovo, Acer, ASUS, and others. Let’s look into the best laptops at the moment that you can get without spending more than $1500!
The Lenovo IdeaPad comes with pre-installed Windows 11 and antivirus software. The exterior is a grayish color with some black details, whereas the ports are located on the sides and also on the back. While the display is not the best in terms of light, at least you can tilt it far back to get a good viewing angle while playing.
Although this budget gaming laptop has ample storage, we would have loved to see an SD port on either side for those who want to use an SD card for further storage. The laptop can give you about 10 hours of battery life, after which you must plug the charger in.
While the laptop comes with a few shortcomings that more expensive laptops have, it’s an excellent option for gamers. The Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050 graphic card can improve gaming graphics and make every game look amazing. When paired with the great speakers at the bottom, the laptop is an excellent option for all gamers.
- Budget price
- Extended battery life
- Good processor and graphics
- Ample storage space
- No SD card slot
- The display can be a bit too dark
- Could have used a more comfortable keyboard
Considering the affordable price that this laptop comes at, it’s a great option for gamers. It does not match some of Lenovo’s top-tier laptops, such as the Lenovo Legion 7 Gen 7. However, it can still give you an immersive gaming experience thanks to the fantastic graphics and quality speakers.
The Acer Nitro 5 series features several affordable gaming laptops, all quite similar. The same can be said about this model, which is not the best-built laptop, but it is still a powerful machine for gaming.
The AN517-54-79L1 model has the largest screen among the laptops in this series – a whooping 17.3”. Even with such a large screen, the laptop still has over 8 hours of battery life, ranking it among the most lasting laptops with such a big screen.
The best part about the laptop must be the Octa-core AMD Ryzen 7 6800H, along with an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060, which gives you excellent performance while playing. Furthermore, there is a comfortable backlit keyboard with varying lights. The speakers and camera are not the best.
- 1TB storage
- Backlit keyboard
- Large display
- Decent battery life
- Weighty laptop and charger
- Plastic construction might not last long
- Could use better speakers
We were impressed by how amazing this laptop performed under pressure, considering we tested it with some of the most demanding games. It did become a bit loud after a few hours of gaming, and the display was too dim for our liking, but the CPU and GPU blew us out of the park.
While you might find some faults with the laptop, remember that it can give you a solid performance for gaming.
The MSI Katana GF66 is a gaming laptop with an octa-core Intel Core i7-11800H CPU, leaving much to be desired. We found that it performs well when playing some demanding games. It doesn’t function best if you try using several demanding programs simultaneously, such as programs from the Adobe Suite.
The 6GB GeForce RTX 3060 is enough for a laptop of this budget, whereas the 1TB solid-state drive gives you more than enough space to install all your favorite games. You will love the 144Hz refresh rate as it gives you a natural feel while gaming.
While this laptop has several unique features, the field where it lacks most is the battery. Compared to other budget gaming laptops, this laptop has nearly half the battery life. It can only last about four hours on battery, whereas other laptops can last upwards of 8 hours. So, it is not a good option for people who are often on the go and need extended battery life.
- Solid plastic build
- Ergonomic keyboard
- Quick refresh rate
- Massive storage options
- Poor battery life
- Poor display brightness
- CPU could be better
The battery and CPU on the MSI Katana GF66 could be better, and we would also have liked to see a brighter screen. Apart from those shortcomings, we love everything about the laptop, including the solid build and interesting design. The base model is a great choice for people on a tight budget.
When it comes to the m15 R7 gaming laptop from Alienware, you need to know that you can get excellent performance at high refresh rates no matter which configuration you go with. You can choose between the i7 or i9 core, whereas the AMD Ryzen 9 is also available for gamers.
While most other laptops are known for having dim displays that make it difficult to see in low light, the m17 has an amazingly bright display with vibrant colors. The sound could be better, as the bass appears to be missing most of the time. Plus, the integrated camera on the front is average at best.
The 9 hours of battery life should be more than enough, but the laptop comes with a free charger just in case. The overall design is impressive, with an alien sign on the front of the laptop and a power button shaped like an alien. It’s the attention to detail that impresses us most about Alienware’s products.
- Great overall design
- Ergonomic backlit keyboard
- Long battery life
- Quality display with vibrant colors
- Loud operation if overheating
- The speakers could be better
- At 5.5 lbs, the laptop is a bit heavy
The Alienware m17 R7 is priced closer to the top of the price range. However, investing in a laptop with such remarkable capabilities makes sense! You will be blown away by the CPU, GPU, battery life, and overall design of the laptop as soon as you get it into your hands.
Although all laptops from ASUS ROG are gaming laptops before anything else, this particular model can also be used for photo or video editing and content creation. You can easily switch between the four power profiles to find the best fit for your needs. The profiles available on this model are manual, silent, turbo, and performance.
The Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 graphics improve the gaming experience, whereas the quality speakers make you feel even more immersed in the game. The only problem is that you cannot play multiplayer games live as the laptop has no integrated camera. If you want a camera, you have to purchase a separate one.
When buying the laptop, you can choose between 2 different screen options, one with RGB colors and another with DCI-P3 colors. You can also choose how much storage you want, whether you want a 1TB or 2TB SSD, etc. This ROG model allows you to tailor the laptop to your needs.
- A fast refresh rate of 240 Hz
- Quality speakers
- Rubber grip feet
- Spacious click pad
- No integrated camera
- No SD card reader
- The laptop could overheat during gaming
Everything about this laptop feels expensive and high-quality, yet the laptop does not have an extremely hefty price tag. It’s a great option for beginner gamers, although you might find the laptop overheats from excessive use.
Education on Gaming Laptops
Now that you know which are the best gaming laptops that do not cost more than $1500, we want to tell you more about how to choose the best gaming laptop. Here are some of the essential parts of gaming laptops that you must consider when purchasing:
- CPU and GPU: CPU refers to the computer’s processor, whereas GPU refers to the graphics. Always go for the newest and most powerful processors and graphic cards from well-known companies like Intel, AMD, Nvidia, etc.
- Storage and RAM: As for RAM, we recommend that you go for an upgradable RAM of at least 16GB, but you can go up to 32GB if you want to. Apart from the computer’s storage, we recommend adding a quality SSD or solid-state storage drive of 1TB or 2TB.
- Display: The bigger the display, the better; you’ll feel more comfortable playing. Additionally, you need the display to have good resolution and colors which are true to tone, not dimmed. Any display at least 15” should be a good option, but you can also use a high refresh rate of at least 120Hz for a more natural gaming feel.
- Design: When it comes to design, we recommend that you go for aluminum or metal instead of plastic laptops, as they tend to be more durable. RGB backlit keyboards are always a good idea, making the laptop feel more luxurious. Furthermore, you can use a laptop with as many ports as possible, easily transportable and not heavy, with Bluetooth and Wireless connection, etc.
FAQ on the Best Gaming Laptops Under 1500
Which brand of laptop is best for gaming?
Although all brands mentioned in this guide offer good gaming laptops, we would point out ASUS and Razer as the overall leaders in gaming equipment in general, not just gaming laptops.
Is 64GB RAM overkill for gaming?
You do not need to invest in a computer with 64GB RAM if you plan on using that computer only for gaming. If you plan to stack it with other demanding programs, such as the ones from the Adobe Suite, you might need the extra ram. Otherwise, you can go with 16GB of RAM and still be able to play demanding games.
How much SSD do I need for gaming?
You can use a computer with 1TB or even 2TB of SSD if you are a professional gamer. However, if you use the laptop to play games occasionally, you can use less SSD, like a 512 SSD on a computer with 2 or 3TB HDD. You may be interested in this also: Best Gaming Monitor Under $200.
Best Gaming Laptop Brands
There are many good laptop manufacturers on the market, but we have selected the top five manufacturers that you should trust with your money. Here is a bit more about these companies:
- Lenovo:Lenovo is a Fortune Global 500 tech company that does not focus solely on laptops. It creates all types of smart devices, computers, accessories for computers and mobile devices, etc. It is currently present in 180 markets worldwide, so you should have no problem finding its devices in any local tech store in your country.
- Acer:Acer is another tech company with a long tradition. It offers desktops, laptops, projectors, separate tech equipment, etc. The company has a neat website showing all available products and a blog that can teach interested customers more about the products and their uses.
- MSI: Micro-Star International, or MSI, is a company that is currently present in about 120 countries worldwide. Although their gaming laptops are quite popular, the company focuses on computer hardware, including motherboards, graphic cards, peripherals, etc. This is a great company you should look at if you are looking for quality at a low price.
- Alienware: Alienware is a highly noticeable company due to the alien logo. You can find this logo on all products made by this company. It focuses on gaming laptops and desktops. The company also offers mice, keyboards, headsets, apparel, bags, and other products, all of which have great prices considering their high quality.
- ASUS: One cannot talk about gaming equipment without mentioning ASUS. The company was initially established in 1989 in Taipei but has since grown into a world-renowned tech manufacturer. Even though this company has been developing pristine computers for a long time, their ROG revolutionized gaming laptops.
Thank you for reading this detailed guide on the best gaming laptops under 1500 dollars. Remember that you can never go wrong with companies like ASUS, Acer, Alienware, MSI, and Lenovo.
Although most high-performing gaming laptops would require a much more significant investment than $1500, that does not mean you cannot find a more budget-friendly option that will fit your needs.
If you’re currently in the market for a new laptop you can use for gaming, we recommend that you start your search by looking into the five options reviewed in this guide.
If you know of any other great gaming computers, please don’t hesitate to mention them in the comment section below. We can’t wait to hear more about your experience on the topic! Also, take a look at some other great gaming accessories!